The question is- Why do I teach during medical school?
It’s a great question and it’s one that I’d like to answer on this blog because I think teaching during medical school is beneficial for medical students and Kaplan MCAT students. It would be super easy to quit teaching given that medical school involves studying a bunch and running around like a crazy-pants most
Imagine the San Francisco Bay as your backdrop, a number of Nobel laureates leading your medical education and a
community that welcomes each new class of medical students, all with the same goal of becoming the best of the best. For more than a century, the University of California San Francisco has introduced the world to some of the finest medical minds in the world.
UCSF by the Numbers
- Each UCSF class admits about 150 students. It should be noted, too, that most are from California.
- Genetics, which is yielding incredible finds in our contemporary society, is one of the
On last month’s edition of Kaplan’s The Pulse, experts join us to discuss the 2013 Kaplan Medical School Admissions Officer Survey. These are questions you need to know about!
When evaluating applications, how important is clinical experience in medical school admissions? In this video, learn what what medical school admissions officers are saying.
For More Insider News On The Future Of Medicine, Getting Into Medical School and the MCAT, visit our Pulse Page.…Read more
The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland is one of the most well-known graduate institutions in the United States. Founded by a philanthropist of the same name, it has been featured as the alma mater for leading characters on popular television programs such as House, Gilmore Girls and Grey’s Anatomy. But network TV is one thing—what’s the school really like for prospective grads?
- The medical school has approximately 500 students enrolled in either Ph.D, M.D., or M.P.H. programs, which take on average 8 years to complete.
- Johns Hopkins is known for its work in pediatrics, women’s
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine prides itself in promoting education through mentorship. The school is located in the center of Hyde Park south of the city of Chicago, Illinois.
- The Pritzker School of medicine is a smaller medical school with 377 students and 891 faculty members.
- Because of its Comer Children’s Hospital, University of Chicago Medical School is known for its pediatrics education.
- The costs for full-time, one year tuition is $44, 075, but an additional $4,218 for equipment and school supplies must be budgeted in addition to tuition.
- The average GPA for students entering the graduate
University of Tennessee Medical College is the oldest public graduate school in the nation. The school has two locations in Chattanooga and Memphis. The college aims to help students whose primary focus is surgery and internal medicine.
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine has 190 students enrolled in graduate programs.
- The college has core clerkships for students interested in obstetrics, gynecology and surgery.
- The cost for full-time students is $31, 432 for in-state transfers. For out-of-state prospective students, the costs are $62, 292.
- The average GPA for accepted, enrolled students is 3.68 and the average MCAT graduate test score is
Hello my future interviewees! Two weeks ago I told you about an interview experience which was less than ideal. This week I want to tell you about the best interview experience that I had.
The day did not get off to an auspicious start. I actually almost missed my flight due to a malfunctioning security scanner at the airport. Once I arrived at the school, I had the undesirable position of having the last two interview slots of the day. What that means is that everyone else interviewed first and I got to hear about how their interviews went. …Read more
As a medical school student who recently dissected a cadaver, loves scary movies and owns more Halloween earrings than any reasonable human being should, you would infer that I’m not easily scared. I did, however, read some articles this week that gave me chills.
If you’re interested in stumbling upon these terrifying articles, all you have to do is Google “Loss of empathy during medical school.” Some of the scarier examples are here and here. There are dozens of similar …Read more
A review of Kaplan’s The Pulse, experts join us as they discuss what you need to know about how Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act will affect future doctors and medical professionals. This is a massive change you need to know about.
Attending a medical professional school is expensive! In this video, learn what programs exist to alleviate debt and how the changing model of care will affect medical school tuition. For more great videos, check Kaplan’s MCAT YouTube Channel!