April 15, 2013
While many people have opinions about the best way to gain admission, in the end, the only opinions that really matter are those of the admissions committees; after all, they’re the ones that decide whether you’ll be accepted or not. Unfortunately, opportunities to pick the brain of a Dean of Admissions are few and far between. In an effort to shed some light on what admissions committees think about when reviewing your application, Kaplan Test Prep will host our fourth annual Medical School Insider on Monday, April 29th at 8pm ET.
In this 2-hour live online discussion a panel of experts from a variety of backgrounds in medical school admissions will convene to discuss the application process and answer students’ questions about getting into medical school. This year’s panel includes:-Paul T. White, Assistant Dean for Admissions, John Hopkins School of Medicine -Leila Diaz, Assistant Dean of Admissions, Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine -Dr. Kathleen Kolberg, Assistant Dean, University of Notre Dame -Dr. Elizabeth Wiley, National President, American Medical Student Association
Most important, Medical School Insider is a chance for students to get all of their questions answered. With the 2014 application cycle starting soon, this event represents a chance to change your application for the better. You can submit questions for the panelists during the broadcast, and selected comments and questions will be answered live on the air. During the event, Kaplan MCAT experts will lead a discussion on both Twitter and Facebook to help students understand how the information shared by the panel affects their individual cases.
Medical School Insider is the largest event of the year, and an opportunity for access that is not to be missed. To learn more about the event or the panelists – or to reserve your seat for the live broadcast – please visit http://KaplanMCAT.com/pulse. We hope to see you there!...read more
May 2, 2012
- Dr. David Jones, Senior Associate Dean of Admissions, University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio
- Dr. Darrin Latimore, Assistant Dean of Medical and Resident Diversity, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine
- Susan Hanson, Executive Director of Admissions, Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Gina Moses, Associate Director of Application Services and Recruitment, American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- Dr. Danielle Salovich, National President, American Medical Student Association
- Ellen Watts, Assistant Dean for Pre-Health Advising, Fordham University
About Kaplan Test Prep
Building futures, one success story at a time. We know test prep. We invented it. Through innovative technology and a personalized approach to learning we’ll equip you with the test insights and advice you need to achieve your personal best. Results, guaranteed*.
- Med School Admissions Statistics, Part I: How Many People Get into Medical School?
- Creating Diversity in Your Medical School Application
- Pre-Med Priorities: Tips for Building a Strong Academic Foundation
- Holy cow! I got into Medical School!
- Med School Admissions Statistics, Part III: What’s the Average GPA? (And What Can I Do About It?)
- Finding the Right Medical School For You: Your Questions Answered
- Med School Admissions Statistics, Part II: What’s the Average MCAT?
- Pros and Cons of Taking the New MCAT 2015 in April
- The Pre-Medical Experience: A Critical Review
- A Tale of Two MCATs: Which Should I Take?
*Higher Score Guarantee: Conditions and restrictions apply. For complete guarantee eligibility requirements, visit Kaptest.com/hsg
© 2014 The Med School Pulse. All Rights Reserved