March 11, 2014
We had a FANTASTIC time in MCAT Physics 1 last night! MCAT Physics is a topic that can initially cause many concerns. Often times Physics can be intimidating and seem overwhelming with the amount of subtopics and equations to memorize. During class we not only went over the key equations and concepts we had to know, but we also covered strategies and best practice methods of how to properly breakdown and analyze passages in order to apply that background knowledge to the format of the MCAT!
Some KEY takeaways from our first Physics lesson!
- Almost HALF of the …
February 24, 2014
The first topic that I address with a new class is always the same. You are going to take the MCAT. Repeat it with me guys! “I am going to be taking the MCAT.” Sounds kind of strange when you say it out loud, right? Not if you want MCAT success!
One of the first things we acknowledge when we start a class is the MCAT can be a scary thing. In general, most pre-med students go through the pre-med track looking at the MCAT as an obstacle. The MCAT can NOT be seen as an obstacle – rather an …...read more
January 24, 2014
Hello my excited readers! Last week I filled you in on the awesomeness that exists in the MCAT flex sessions. Today, I’d like to highlight another often-underused and misunderstood resource, the Topical Tests!
Topical tests are un-timed and feature usually two passages as well as about 10-15 discrete questions. They’re focused on specific materials such as Oxygen Containing Compounds or Kinematics. They are an awesome first-stop to grapple with equations and concepts.
Now, I frequently get students who email me in a panic, worrying that they didn’t score 100% on the topical tests. In fact, lots of students score way
January 13, 2014
Have you ever thought about attending an MCAT summer intensive camp? Kaplan has your answer offering our 2014 MCAT Summer Intensive Program. The program is offered in 5 different locations:
- Atlanta, GA
- Boulder, CO
- Toronto, ON
- Boston, MA
- San Diego, CA
Unique MCAT Summer Intensive Course Structure
Boost your MCAT skills with Kaplan’s results-driven curriculum, including comprehensive content review, exclusive test-taking strategies, and personalized attention, all designed to help you:
- Build a rock-solid science foundation with dynamic lectures
- Learn time-tested, score-raising strategies in small-group recitations
- Focus on your needs in weekly private tutoring sessions
- Practice your lessons at …
About Kaplan Test Prep
Building futures, one success story at a time. We know test prep. We invented it. Through innovative technology and a personalized approach to learning we’ll equip you with the test insights and advice you need to achieve your personal best. Results, guaranteed*.
- Pros and Cons of Taking the New MCAT 2015 in April
- How Many People Get Into Medical School?
- Pre-Med Prerequisites for Taking the New MCAT
- Med School Admissions Statistics, Part III: What’s the Average GPA? (And What Can I Do About It?)
- Overcoming a Low MCAT Score
- How Long Does it Take to Become a Doctor?
- Holy cow! I got into Medical School!
- Med School Admissions Statistics, Part II: What’s the Average MCAT?
- A Tale of Two MCATs: Which Should I Take?
- 2014 Kaplan Survey Shows Latest Trends in Medical School Admissions
*Higher Score Guarantee: Conditions and restrictions apply. For complete guarantee eligibility requirements, visit Kaptest.com/hsg
© 2014 The Med School Pulse. All Rights Reserved