November 25, 2013
University of Tennessee Medical College is the oldest public graduate school in the nation. The school has two locations in Chattanooga and Memphis. The college aims to help students whose primary focus is surgery and internal medicine.
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine has 190 students enrolled in graduate programs.
- The college has core clerkships for students interested in obstetrics, gynecology and surgery.
- The cost for full-time students is $31, 432 for in-state transfers. For out-of-state prospective students, the costs are $62, 292.
- The average GPA for accepted, enrolled students is 3.68 and the average MCAT graduate test score is …
October 29, 2013
Centered in the intellectual hub of the United States, Harvard Medical school really needs no introduction for its standard in excellence. Boston, Massachusetts is host to several distinguished colleges, but none are quite as popular and coveted as Harvard.
- · Harvard Medical School has 700 students enrolled, and over 12,000 faculty and staff members.
- · A full-time, in-state student can expect to pay $49, 875 for one year at the medical school.
- · One of the oldest schools in the United States, Harvard set the standard for education in the 1800s. Today, the offer a competitive program called Harvard-MIT that …
October 21, 2013
Columbia Medical School awarded the United States’ first M.D. in 1770 in New York City. The Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons has since been considered one of the best in the nation.
Dissecting the Facts and Figures
- The school enrolls 169 students in each M.D. Class, and about 775 PhD students in total.
- Columbia Medical School is world-renowned for surgery and medical research.
- Tuition is $49,504/year, plus living expenses. About 65% of each class receives some grant aid.
- Salaries at graduation are generally above the average for doctors nation-wide, but vary by speciality. Expect at least $150,000.
- Almost …
July 29, 2013
University of Minnesota Medical School thrives to be a frontrunner in research as well as medicine. Located in Duluth and Twin Cities, the school’s research facilities drive its advanced medical studies for students who want to be involved with the evolution of new medicine.
- University of Minnesota Medical School is home to 2,240 students and 3,871 faculty members.
- The medical school is known for its research in stem-cell biology, brain sciences, infectious disease, and diabetes.
- The costs to attend are $37,128 for full-time in-state students and $48,789 for full-time out-of-state students.
- The middle 50% of applicants invited to interview have …